Holdman's Index 19
2. Difference in height between Yao Ming and Qi Ming*
3. Respective ages at which they were the same height
Yao 1 year 2 months
Qi 6 years 1 month
1. Number of Houston Rockets patrons who will now be trading in their Toyota Center season sky boxes for Jones Hall boxes as a result of our emotionally charged performance during the NBA All-Star game
zero
2. Difference in height between Yao Ming and Qi Ming*
2 Feet 5 inches
3. Respective ages at which they were the same height
Yao 1 year 2 months
Qi 6 years 1 month
4. Ranks of charming and endearing personalities among Mother Theresa, the late pope John Paul II, and Paul Anka
1,2, and 392,865,741
5. Which has a greater chance of occuring: A. Elvis Costello singing our next performance of a Mahler song cycle, or B. The Avian Flu affecting the world cockroach population (who are normally impervious to everything including nuclear radiation)
B
6. Number of HS musicians who have utilized the services of Methodist Hospital's new Center for Performing Arts Medicine for the following afflictions: cellulite, cotton-mouth, sweaty armpits, ennui, schizoid-detached from reality behavior towards outdoor concerts in the Houston summers, and cowbell phobia
73
* Qi Ming is a lovely member of the first violin section of the orchestra
8 comments:
My friend takes from Qi Ming. But more to the point. I dissagree on point 5. Elvish Costello singing the Mahler bit is unlikely.. but I have battled many cockroaches, and the only thing that has been helpful to me is a book or a shoe. I think the chance that they would be infected by the Avian Flu is so unlikely that 2007-2008 season I expect to see Mr. Costello singing Mahler.
welcome back, that violist!!!
the point of course being, NO WAY would Elvis C be singing Mahler.....though I personally am a big fan of his.
Now that the new concertmaster has been announced, what will become of Eric H?
It was very disappointing to see that Eric didn't get it--I really thought that he had the inside track.
While Ms. Fuller seems very capable (I remember her playing with Tetzlaff following his incredible performance of the Joachim violin concerto), I believe that many HS supporters were hoping the "acting" qualifier would be dropped and he would simply continue as concertmaster.
I certainly appreciate your interest in this matter and I can say that we are thrilled that not only are we getting to continue to work with such fine violinists as Eric H but that we have also added the talent and artistry of Angela to create a very strong leadership for our string section as well as the rest of the orchestra!
I think everyone needs to be more open to the prospect of a new Concertmaster (or concertmistress in this case). Of course many people were hoping Mr. Halen would win the position, but if you look at all the benefits that Ms. Porfiris stated, it is a great situation. I think everyone will adopt Ms. Fuller as they have Mr. Halen. It will be a great season.
Number of fungos caught by Ron Holdman in his youth that increased his eye to hand coordination: endless
Number of fungos caught by Ron Holdman in his youth to improve eye-hand coordination: Endless
Post a Comment