Click here for a tantalizing little preview....
new HD footage!! Powerful music! New ways to pronounce that planet that starts with a U!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
a behind-the-scenes look at life in one of America's top symphony orchestras
3 comments:
What a tantalizing video spot you have provided for us here. And I must say; Maestro Graf’s English seems to be getting better. Although; there is still not enough of a Texas accent present, but hopefully that will come.
I love Holtz’s The Planets… big bass trombone stuff in this work. But then; I am partial to big trombone stuff since I are one – a big trombonist that is. Unfortunately; this season I will only be able to attend on a when I can basis. But even though I don’t which concerts I will be able to attend, I am looking forward to those concerts.
Oh, a tip to everyone as far as the pronunciation of the “U” Planet. Just remember… it is not a two syllable word starting with Your… it is a three syllable word starting with “Ur”… followed by “an”… ending with “us” – accent on the second syllable “an”. But then this brings up the specter of the pronunciation of “urine” so I guess the seventh planet from the sun is just a “potty” planet no matter how you pronounce it.
As always; I look forward to your behind-the-scenes look at life in one of America's top symphony orchestras.
A fan of your blog,
Jim
What a tantalizing video spot you have provided for us here. And I must say; Maestro Graf’s English seems to be getting better. Although; there is still not enough of a Texas accent present, but hopefully that will come.
I love Holtz’s The Planets… big bass trombone stuff in this work. But then; I am partial to big trombone stuff since I are one – a big trombonist that is. Unfortunately; this season I will only be able to attend on a when I can basis. But even though I don’t which concerts I will be able to attend, I am looking forward to those concerts.
Oh, a tip to everyone as far as the pronunciation of the “U” Planet. Just remember… it is not a two syllable word starting with Your… it is a three syllable word starting with “Ur”… followed by “an”… ending with “us” – accent on the second syllable “an”. But then this brings up the specter of the pronunciation of “urine” so I guess the seventh planet from the sun is just a “potty” planet no matter how you pronounce it.
As always; I look forward to your behind-the-scenes look at life in one of America's top symphony orchestras.
A fan of your blog,
Jim
Well... I was wondering when you would post again! Just stopping in to say that was the experience of a lifetime hearing Beethoven's 9th! Honestly I've never heard anything like it-- so beautiful, it defies the description with words.
And the applause was actually good! I'm always embarrassed at the terrible applause but this time I was quite pleased-- the timpanist and hornist (?) must have felt good!!
Post a Comment